[at-l] Two Questions

Hi gang,

I'm pretty much prepared for my thru-hike beginning on March 21.  However,
I have two questions which I'd like advice on.  The first is a repeat of a
query I made regarding hiking the LT in September, now to be applied to the AT:

1)  I'm again in a dilemma whether to take, as I begin my journey, my
heavier Gortex rain jacket which I use for x-c skiing or to go with my
Frogg Togg.  I am set with layers of Polartec and other hi-tech
synthetics.  I don't like to have to carry the extra weight of the Gortex
jacket [which I carried on my LT hike.]

2)  Should I take along hiking campons?

Thanks in advance.

"...the music of the songs I love is found in the open air."
	From a Danish children's song.

Martin R. Fors [marty aka rusty]