Re[2]: [at-l] Cold Questions

Weary wrote:
>  Do the same with the electric blanket or the coverings on your bed. Those
>temperatures you now consider warm and comfy will quickly seem obnoxiously
>warm.

There are two problems here, Bob - the first being that if you can't
convince your own wife to do so, why do you think you can convince others to
do so?

>IN the process you will be striking a blow for energy conservation and as a
>result fewer bombs will have to be reigned on "terrorists" with the
>inevitable civilian casualties,

The second problem is that under any pretense this is an apology for the
Sept 11 actions.  If you want to spout this kind of stuff, I'd strongly
suggest that you carry it to alt.Osama or some other Al Quaida support
group.  If you need the url for some of those who support that  view, let me
know - I can get them for you.  I'm a believer in that old saying - know
your enemy.

You've made a habit of putting little political "zingers" in your posts
lately.  It's a bad habit.  It's flame bait - don't waste our time or the
bandwidth with it. Details on request.

While it's nice to know who's the designated "attack dog of the week", the
flame bait is unnecessary, unwelcome and inimical to the purpose of the
list.

>That is why with 5 percent of the world's population, we consume a third of
>the world's energy.

No, Bob - discounting your skewed numbers, the reason is that, as a people,
we've been willing to put the time, energy and resources into building a
physical, political and economic infrastructure that provides a lifestyle
that the rest of the world envies.  I don't approve of all the ways it's
been done or even of all the results, but it's a hell of a lot better than
what anyone else has done out there.  You haven't spent much time in the
Third World, have you?  You should try it before you start bad mouthing this
country.  You might find out why they're so far behind - and why they all
want to emigrate here. It's pretty much obvious to those who have even a
little faith in their own race, have a little actual knowledge (as opposed
to "opinion") and aren't blinded by their own righteousness and/or
victimhood.

Walk softly on Ground Zero,
Jim