[at-l] Winter and glasses

Bruce W. Calkins wrote:

> As to the Laser route, At $5,000.00 per eye out of my pocket it is just not
> yet available.  (Perhaps the prices are/would be better elsewhere?)

Wow.  I went to one of the more expensive doctors in my area, and my
total bill was under $3000.  That includes all the checkups and any
touchup laser surgery needed if the first adjustment isn't quite
right.

It felt like a big chunk of money, but what a delight!  No glasses
to lose, to fumble for in the dark, to break at inopportune moments..
(I once had a screw work its way out of my glasses while I was
biking.  Amazing timing.)

-amy in md