[at-l] Winter and glasses

I've used the stuff and it works well to prevent fogging in
not-too-cold weather.  Unfortunately, in really cold weather it doesn't
help me much.  All of these products work by lowering the surface
tension (i.e., they are "surfactants").  They reduce fogging by causing
the little droplets of water to break down into sheets.  Unfortunately,
in really cold weather what I end up with is a smooth layer of ice on
the inside of my glasses.  So using "cat crap" in really cold weather
basically trades off frost for ice sheets, and I can't see worth a damn
through either of them.

-- Jim

By the way, I suspect that a tiny drop of liquid dish detergent (for
HAND washing of dishes, not machine washing) would work about as well.
So would shampoo, for that matter.