[at-l] Cameras - Say Cheese!

re: scanning slides

Yep, many scanners have attachments for sale that
allows the scanning of slides.

One of the toys I want to purchase is an Epson
Perfection Photo scanner. The two models they
currently have will scan in photos  as you normally
would, but have a built in attachment for slides and
film negatives. The more expensive model is $250 MSRP.

>From the reviews I have seen, the lower end model is
rated as very good. The quality is not quite
professional, but excellent for the non-professional.
(i.e. ME!). I imagine the higher end one has even
better quality.

My recent Utah photos were scanned from  negatives.
(Check out the Escalante pics in the Backcountry
gallery to see).

For my upcoming PCT hike, I plan on using slide film.
I did all prints on my AT hike and I regret it. I have
had quite a few requests for slide slows, but even
after scanning in my photos for a powerpoint
presentation , showing the photos to a large amount of
people is difficult without slides. LCD projectors are
still expensive and hard to come by.

Seems slide film is the best all around format. I can
scan them in easily, make prints of a few select
photos, and easily show a presentation to those who
ask.  (And you will get asked as I found out...)
Versatility is the way to go!

=====