[at-l] Datto...

More wonderful memories of the Inn from my thruhike at
(http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/june1.html#22):

"We had time to set up our tents but no time to shower before going to the
very elegant Inn just .1 mile further along the trail for dinner. There were
five of us hikers and four of Hercules visitors so we walked into the
restaurant and asked for a table for nine. The hostesses face fell and asked
if we had a reservation which, of course, we did not. As soon as we said it
would be OK if she split us up and sat us at two tables, her face brightened
up and we were seated at adjacent tables. At first, the reservation question
could have seemed to be a ploy to keep us dirty, smelly, underdressed hikers
out of their fine establishment. But, once we indicated a willingness to be
split up, it was obvious that they were perfectly happy to have us.

I’m not so sure about our waiter. He seemed the stuffy type and barely broke
a smile but loosened up quite a bit towards the end of our meal.

Escargots, Breast of Chicken Amore, and the most incredible Chocolate Mousse
served in a dark chocolate edible bowl with raspberry sauce were the
highlights. This was not your typical hiker fare and all involved rated it
amongst the best on the trail. At $40 for the dinner (with no alcohol), I
would have been upset had it not been a good meal."

Also, thanks for the reminder of the Strawberry Chemise.  One in out party
had that, too...  not a great picture but on the far right in this pic:
http://friends.backcountry.net/m_factor/at99photos/0520dessert.JPG

Mara
Stitches, GAME99