[at-l] Re: Why Delita hasn't left YET... and gear tales

In a message dated 12/28/01 7:38:43 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
delita@mindspring.com writes:

>     Is this good for an overnight? Like is there a convenient place to camp
> mid-way?

I'm not sure about midway, but when woodelf and I did a similar hike, we
stayed in Rhodendrum Gap and were surrounded by ponies - it was AWESOME.

>     Is it relatively safe to leave a parked (not outstanding in any way) car
> in that parking area overnight?

We left mine at Elk Park and his at . . . something creek parking lot? I
dunno, woodelf will remember.  Had no problems with vandalism or anything.

>     Where do I get a map?
>
>     Is there a fee?

Pick up maps at an outfitters or online at the ATC store.  There is no fee to
park.

Here are some pics from our hike in that area:

http://friends.backcountry.net/redhead/mtrogers/mtrogers.html

As woodelf said - a most satisfying hike :)

Red

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---