[at-l] Superfeet

I just got back from hiking only about 9 miles in two days on my new
Superfeet insoles and I have bruising along my arches. I know they are
supposed to take some getting used to but the trail was not tough by any
means and 3-4 miles of today's hike was actually walking down a FS road to
where my ride picked me up.  I walked with these same Superfeet about 4 miles
on tougher terrain last weekend without this problem.

So, my question is, how long should these things take to get used to? I had
under 30 pounds in my pack (probably closer to 20)  and the treadway was
pretty benign.  I noticed the pain last night and then this morning my feet
were very tender.

On a hiker note, Chase and I saw Sloetoe off from Abingdon Gap this morning
with food to last him til next Monday. The temps were almost mild last night,
I don't think it even dropped below freezing, but they are predicting single
digits in the next few days and possibly a decent snow storm tonight. I saw a
couple grouse today and then the rain and sleet started and I didn't see any
more wildlife until Chase showed up. We had a fun visit this afternoon -
scoped out a neat little FS park complete with some scary cliffs, Quinceys
and MRO - all the makings of a pleasant day.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday!  Chase, thanks again for the ride.

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---