[at-l] spirit of kindness

Today I was communicating with one of our group and it occurred to me how
excited I get when I read about folks experimenting with gear ideas and
trying out new finds. I especially get a boost from trip reports or even
just the planning stages of a trip. In the last few weeks it seems that
I've been so busy that I've hardly had time to read much of what has been
posted to the List. For all that I have been reading and the wonderful
spirit that I sense in those post, I want to say thanks. To all my List
friends, I wish for you all a wonderful, meaning-filled Christmas and a
New Years stuffed with hiking.

It seems one comment in the afore mentioned conversation was meaningful
so I want to send it to the whole  List:

..............I can't believe how excited I am about all the folks
getting gear and planning trips! I really appreciate everybody sharing
their plans and adventures because I get to "live" their good times in a
cyber sort of way. I hope I don't sound mushy nor anything like that but
I just have to say that sharing makes life great. This is a wonderful
Christmas time for me because of all these recent posts. People don't
have to give material things in order to give others a present, sharing
their good times are wonderful presents.

Ok, so I'm a mushy old sentimentalist but at least I'm unrepentant about
it. I wish for you and all yours a wonderful Christmas and a New Year
filled with hiking.  Hopeful