[at-l] Seriously planning to HIKE! (essentials)

I have converted a small fanny pack to a belly pack that attaches to the
belt of my G4, in front.

I routinely carry the following in it:

*    Glasses (granny style reading glasses and polarized sun glasses in the
same hard case w/ a small cloth pouch for the to keep them from scratching
each other)

*    Map & the current pages from the "Companion"

*    The day's ration of trail mix (the rest rides in the pack)

*    The day's snickers bar

*    TP & my spare North Face 7075-T7 tent stake which doubles as a trowel

*    a proton light

BTW -- carry little or nothing in my pockets.

Chainsaw