[at-l] OT - LOTR

In a message dated 12/20/01 00:38:09, lwbooher@halifax.com writes:

>I started The Hobbit around Thanksgiving, but I just can't get through it.
I have about >100 pages left to read, and every time I read some, I still
have 100 pages left.

I've always been glad I read The Hobbit after the Trilogy because I don't
think The Hobbit would have grabbed me otherwise. It was interesting to go
back to for history after reading the other. The Trilogy, OTOH, was a
stay-up-all-night-to-finish set of books. Tolkein's writing makes a major
change for the better, I think.
Vcat