OT..Re: [at-l] Gun story/MachineGuns

At 10:51 AM 12/20/01 -0500, W F Thorneloe wrote:
>There is a bit of difference. I expect very little good from a drunkard
>behind the wheel of a car. The girl was killed operating 600 pounds of
>hazardous equipment. She was 13 years old. I have trouble justifying a
>death from an accident involving by a child. This indicates negligence (at
>least in my mind) of those supervising or permitting a child to engage in
>such an activity.

How much does a snowmobile weigh?  Any 13 yr olds
ever die while operating same hazardous equipment?
Repeat question for Jetski, ATV and Dirt bike
or farming, or attending an amusement park or
a race or a concert or a soccer match in most of the owrld.

I'm not gonna defend the wisdom of her parents.
Parents do dumb things.  Did I ever tell you the
story of me and my Mom and the Niagra Falls Picture?
It doesn't seem to matter what activity is associated with
their dumbness.  The fact that the child died is said but her
death is really not to relevant to the gun issue .

IMHO, the poster included it to allude (imply? infer?)
that she was shot and I wanted to clarify.

Now I AM going out and stimulate the economy by buying
tons of toys for kids YAAAAAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!