OT..Re: [at-l] Gun story/MachineGuns

There is a bit of difference. I expect very little good from a drunkard
behind the wheel of a car. The girl was killed operating 600 pounds of
hazardous equipment. She was 13 years old. I have trouble justifying a
death from an accident involving by a child. This indicates negligence (at
least in my mind) of those supervising or permitting a child to engage in
such an activity.

Perhaps her parents signed a permission form, just as parents can sign
permission for children to operate jetskis or bungi jump. Heck, parents can
purchase and provide fireworks for children. But parental negligence that
kills their children is an evil that should not be rationalized - even if
it was simply a father shooting at a noise he hoped would be a deer.