[at-l] Christmas week hike questions

I'd suggest the Max Patch to Hot Springs trip. I'd consider calling one
of the Hot Springs hostels, Sunnybank would be my first choice and
drive up, enjoy the room and company, and arrange a shuttle down to Max
Patch. Walk back to your car and a good room and shower, and maybe a
soak at the spa (ask for tubs numbered greater than 10). It would be
very easy to make the trip last 3-4 days, with shelters available just
north of the Patch, south of Hot Springs, and lots of good campsites in
between. If I remember correctly, there is a shelter in between that is
not listed in the guidebooks but is right on the trail although
gradually deteriorating.

Head over to the ALDHA webpage and download their guide for phone
numbers and addresses. Hot Springs is very hiker friendly.

Bill...