[at-l] Christmas week hike questions

My experience with hot springs was, politely, less than enjoyable.  Not at
all what I expected.  The hotel situation was awful! However, that little
campground by the river & tracks was cool.  and an hr in the hot tub looking
up at the hillside was awesome.  I'd suggest 2 hrs!

I still think newfound gap to davenport gap would be the trip to take. if
you had another night, you could start at clingman's dome.  You can park at
mtn. mama's and have them drive you up to the top.  I believe the road up
the north side of the smokies will be open during Christmas.

t.