[at-l] Accomodations, Hanover, West Lebanon, etc.

   Someone recently asked me if there's anywhere good to stay in West
Lebanon, NH.  (presumably as an alternatiuve to staying/zeroing in Hanover)

   Sorry, don't know of anywhere reasonably priced.  There's a Radisson
Hotel, which is probably prohibitively expensive.  There are a few other
places, but I'm loathe to recommend (or even point out) places that I'm not
personally familiar with; if anyone really wants to know, get in touch with
me and I'll send you the information I've got, but it's right outtta the
Yellow Pages and is NOT to be considered a reccomendation.

  Most thru-hikers that spend the night in Hanover stay at one of the
Dartmouth residence halls that take in hikers.  They are NOT all crazed
party scenes (tho the good ones are!!!); there's usually a "quieter" house
each year, and it's not too hard to determine which one this is.  There are
also 2 reasonably priced hotels within 1 1/2 miles from the center of town,
the Chieftain, and the Sunset, easily reachable by thumb or cab.  Also,
there's a Day's Inn and a Super 8 Motel easily reachable by cab.

    Avoid the Hanover Inn unless you're on an unlimited budget, or someone
else who likes to throw money away is paying, or unless you're splitting the
room around nine ways.  It's ridiculously overpriced, the restaurants aren't
very good, the wine list is execrable, and you can't smoke in the bar.
Geez, all this for $189.00?  I don't think so.....

    Anyway, to sum up, there are no CHEAP places to stay in Hanover, tho
there are some reasonable ones not too far away.  Anyone needing more info
(other places, phone numbers, etc.) can contact me anytime.