Community ? was Re: [at-l] I'm out of here

Ron Martino wrote:

> Ron Winchester wrote:
> >
> > > Not to put words in Ms Tina's mouth but "I" thought her point was (And this
> > > list, or any other list, should not mistakenly be thought of as the trail
> > > community) With the operative word being THE.
> > > Plum'Crazy
> >
> > Must've missed that.
> > I'm not a very good mind reader.
> >
> > She did said they are two separate communities.  This is what I disagree with.
> >
> > Ron
>
>         It's a form of set theory - there are multiple hiking communities, some
> of which overlap, and some that don't.

> They are all part of THE hiking
> community, a superset so amorphous as to defy definition.

> What Tina is
> describing are a couple of the subsets that are part of the overall
> group. You correctly point out that there are individuals that belong to
> both, but that's because there is overlap between the sets. They are
> indeed separate, but they are not mutually exclusive.
>
>         Ron

Ron,

Thanks, Ron.  Now I understand where Tina is coming from - it's the "not mutually
exclusive" part that was missing from the equation.  Suanterer & da Redhead make
some very good points too.
Funny word - "the", it can mean so much, and yet so little.

I knew I liked you for some reason,

Ron