[at-l] I'm out of here

Montegoblue writes >> Many seemed saddened that the great resource that
Trailplace was will not be available any more,
any Joni Mitchell fans here? "You don't know what you got till it's gone" It
seems that most didn't just use Trailplace, they used it up without giving
anything back, and while at the same time bashing its creator, please, I beg
of you, don't treat the Appalachian Trail itself in the same way.<<

Personally, I'm neither saddened or glad to see Trailplace go. For however
long this disappearance turns out to be.

Let's just remember not to get too melodramatic about all these "Great
Internet Resources". As someone who's also spent several thousand hours
working on trail websites over the last few years, I've learned a few
things. If we were to shutdown the internet tomorrow, you know what, people
could still get from one end of the trail to the other just as easily and
safely as today, yesterday or the day before. Neither the AT nor any other
trail needs the Internet.

No, the Internet is the bastion for those of us with too much time on our
hands and too little personal life.

- Fallingwater AT '77, PCT '00

Creator of www.pcta.org, www.aldhawest.org, and www.fallingwater.com