[at-l] The Relative Importance of WebSites (was I'm out ofhere)

At 08:27 PM 11/10/01 -0800, Ronald Moak wrote:
>...clip...  Neither the AT nor any other trail needs the Internet.
>
>No, the Internet is the bastion for those of us with too much time on our
>hands and too little personal life.

True but it lets me have some very interesting conversations with people
I'd rarely, if ever, meet otherwise.  Not just in relation to hiking but
some of my other interests as well which aren't shared by many in my
immediate locale.  The Internet isn't *necessary* but it is a wonderful
luxury.  Without the Internet, I'd still read my collection of journals
(the ones in print) and as you observed I'd still get from one end of my
hike to the other.  I might even learn not to miss the Internet.

sAunTerer