[at-l] Hello, Goodbye, I don't know why...

 *** You wouldn't be the first. He probably didn't like a lot of Trail
attitudes equally as much, which is why he did it. I felt I understood that.
That's his personality. Shame, the above was avoidable.

I can tolerate a great deal, I simply cannot tolerate a lack of tolerance.
(God, could use the word tolerant more?)  Give me a break.... Have you ever
TRIED to have a different view than WF?  You would be ousted in seconds.....

 *** Yeah, what can you do? He also tried to establish a higher Trail
ethic truer to the Trail's original definition or "tradition." That is lost
on some, especially those only looking to chat or involve themselves on a
superficial level.

"TRADITION?  Who is he to define "tradition"?  Hell, I may ONLY be involved
on a superficial level, does that make my ideas or imput less valuable?
Maybe. Does that make me less concerned? No.

* He saw the Trail as falling from its original integrity and needing a
quality "tune-up". Your explanation strikes me as glossing by many of his
valid motives. Yes, he went too far and struck out at anybody he saw as
threatening his principles and perhaps he controlled the site a little too
tightly. I always saw it as being in pursuit of his beliefs. There's no doubt
he alienated a lot of people who didn't see it that way. Some unwritten rules
were undoubtedly broken...

I'm sorry, but I like to say what I like, and I like to say whenever I damn
well feel like it, and I reckon that did not mesh with trailplace...  I agree
with WF in many respects, but more than that, I believe that people should
NOT be censored, and that's what WF did.  And, it's not just that... He gave
bad advice in some instances, and as a self-imposed "authority", I think he
was irresponsible.  Furthermore, his public "put downs" of participants was
simply tacky. I'm sure a lot of people will disagree, but that is the beauty
of a forum such as the one we are communicating on.  Freedom of speech is a
grand thing, and something WF never really grasped.

And I stick by my moron description.

KS