[at-l] Remaing Old Growth in Maine, WV, East

We even have "cut and run" in Atlanta. Just about 2 months ago someone
managed to cut all of the limbs off of several huge oaks that happened to
block the view of billboards on I-75 for commuters viewing. This required a
large cherry pickers and several men. Somehow, this occurred in broad
daylight without a single person noticing who did it or exactly when it
occurred. Even the billboard company complained about the bad publicity
while the advertiser had their ad removed.

I suspect that who ever did the cutting along the trail corridor may never
be known or confronted, especially if it was unsanctioned. I hope that
someone noticed and (at least) reported the event to the ATC.

OrangeBug