[at-l] New here...a dream coming true?

Welcome to the campfire, Stacy.

There are all sorts of ways to plan to do the Trail, but sometimes the right time is more important than the right plan. Long, exactly-thought out plans have a tendency to get interrupted by life. If next year's a good time to do the thru-hike, then it's a good time to do a thru-hike! :) For what it's worth, I didn't decide to do my thru-hike until January (departed in April). You know what they say about "car pay DM" (Car payment? Don't matter). Gear can be got, hurried plans can be made. Time is the hard thing to come by. Remember that!

--Rhymin' Worm '97

txdivegirl@robandstacy.com wrote:
 We both agreed next year woulda been perfect -
we are planning to move East somewhere (VA or NC, or DC area) and
would be leaving jobs anyway, etc - but that gives us NO time to plan,
buy all the gear, etc. As much as Ive read, I still have tons of
questions and want time to plan it right.