[at-l] Re: Re Re Sleeping Bag Advice

Leslie, another place to check out for good quality and less pricey bags (I've not used any of them
but I have liked other products they sell) <www.mec.ca>. You would have to join MEC ($5 lifetime
membership) and you could then get their stuff at the lovely Canadian dollars prices. Their bags are
heavier than the premium brand ones I've mentioned before floating around 1.4kg (just over 3lb).
They're generally fairly wide of cut which for some is a great plus.

These bags, like the Campmor ones, tend to be filled with a lower fill power down so it does require
more down to get the same loft. There are other differences too, but I'll leave those for someone
else to describe (god it is late, I should've gone to bed 4 hours ago - and I got the hour back this
morning and wasted it getting nowhere on a silly problem...now it doesn't make sense to go to bed
since in 4.5 hours I need to be somewhere... sigh... ).

  ** Ken **