[at-l] Section Hike Planning Assistance

"The Hike Inn" in Fontanna caters to hikers and does shuttles anywhere
between Amicalola to Hot Springs. The number is (828) 479-3677. A couple
runs this. Names Jeff and Nancy, I think. I don't remember the last name =
and
because my hike was wet as usual, that part of the card is not readable.

"L. Parker" <lparker@cacaphony.net> wrote in message

> Hi gang,
>
> I need input on planning my next section hike on the AT.  The plan is =
> resume at Dick's Creek where I left off two years ago (I'm ignoring =
the
> paltry few miles here and there during the interim). This will be 93.1
miles
> to the Fontana Hilton. As is my wont, I will be hiking this section in =
the
> late fall or winter months and although I will be carrying a tent, I =
don't
> plan on using it.
>
> I will be traveling fairly light and staying in shelters instead of
tenting.
> I need some input on shelter status and water status for the following
> shelters: Standing Indian, Rock Gap, Cold Spring, and Sassafras Gap.
> Although the guidebooks all list water at these sites, recent =
experiences
in
> the Unicoi Mountains have made me cautious.
>
> Also, If anyone can provide a shuttle from either Dick's Creek to =
Fontana
or
> visa versa, let me know. I plan on making Fontana late afternoon and
> showering and changing before being picked up. The next morning would =
even
> work....
>
> Lee I Joe

> multipart/mixed