[at-l] Hitting the trail

<<I've had two broken toes, and both times the doctor could do nothing except recommend tylenol or ibuprofen for pain and ask me to keep it elevated to reduce swelling.  >>

Actually, whether to tape or see a doctor also depends on which toe you think is broken. If its the big toe, you should definitely go see an orthopedic guy (yes, most of them ARE men), and preferable one that speccializes in sports medicine. The big toe (the piggy went to market one) is an essential element of balance and how your foot interacts with the rest of your body. If the fracture doesn't heal in alignment,you could end up with lifelong foot and gait problems which none of us want.

POG
(she of many broken toes)