[at-l] meniscus repair/recovery question

In a message dated 10/12/01 5:56:24 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
bcalkins@disaster-relief.net writes:

> In particular I need to compare pain "patterns" as in what should still be
> hurting and how much.  It has been a little over five months since the
> original surgery.  I really don't want to endure the surgery if I have a
> good chance to finish recovering without getting things carved up again.

I don't know, honestly, enough to say anything, except for what I saw my ex
go thru. Toney had the surgery.  A year later he had the surgery again,
because the first just didn't fix the problem or the pain.  It took him about
8 months after the second one before he could climb or hike again.  He is now
unlimited and can do all the things he did before.  And while backpacking is
stressful, climbing is more so - and he does that with ease.  If the original
surgery isn't working, and they recommend additional surgery - I'd say you
should.  He didn't think he'd ever even walk again without pain - but now
he's back to all the stuff he enjoys.

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html