[at-l] Re: gnu scheux

Well they aren't as light as the NB804 but I have developed a soft spot for my Lowa Tempest (think
that's right, I can never remmber which is the Tempest and which the Renegade but I'm virtually sure
they're Tempest). I know some people are very fond of the Montrale Vitese but I personally found
their fit iffy.

In the past I have liked the Soloman Raid Wind but the model has changed recently and is not as good
as it once was. The Raid Sport might be a good shoe (comparable weight to the 804) but I thought it
felt a bit flimsy.

I've not yet tried wearing a shoe for serious trail that is as light as the 804. Though I found the
804 quite comfortable as a trod the C&O Canal towpath a month ago. I just can't see myself wearing
them on the AT or similar trail.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **