Re[2]: [at-l] Kennebec river crossing

Robert writes >> There used to be a cable crossing on a creek north of
Caratunk and south of
Moxie Bald, but not on the river. I forget the name of the creek. It was
featured in a National Geographic article years ago, but is actually on
private property, and the Trail doesn't follow it anymore. Some hikers use
it anyway, but it's a blue blaze route.<<

For a picture of a hiker crossing the cable some 24 years ago. Check out
http://www.fallingwater.com/at77/day011.html . It was still there in '97
when my son crossed it. Don't know if it's there today.  It was pretty scary
at the time. In 97 I did the rock hop.

Ron
Ron "Fallingwater" Moak
http://www.fallingwater.com/