[at-l] Lister's Bio (Late)

Name  Bob Dudley

Trail Grey Owl

Age  Will be 56 in a couple of weeks.

Here I was going to generate pages of my bio as I have seen and
done many things in my 56 years.  I was going through some old
trail journals when I came across a trip report posted by Solar
Bear.  On July 26th, 1998 a group of us on this list meet for a day
hike in PA thanks to the efforts of Pittsburgh and Solar Bear.  In
Solar Bear's report he provided the list with his observations of the
hikers and here I quote:

Grey Owl - A man who trains Boy Scouts during the most formative
years of their youth.  Further, he is an employee of the US
Government.  These two facts alone would convince any
dispassionae jury of his primary responsibility for our country going
to hell in a hand basket.

He also hikes in an extremely mathematical and prdictable way.  If
you hike with Grey Owl in the future --  not advised -- please bring a
calculator that computes the square root function.  He hikes
percisely the square root of the speed of his hiking companions,
thus allowing you to predict perisely how long your hourly breaks
can be will you invariably wait for him to catch up with you.

There you go, me in a nutshell.  I am a few years older and a lot
stronger hiker.  On the positive side there are a lot of scouts in the
Lehigh Valley that can give you the history of the Gratefull Dead in
full detail and this is not a bad thing.

Bob Dudley
AKA Grey Owl

PS

Red  you can find my picture at the post office next to Felix's
picture.