[at-l] Tragedy

--- "t." <tjfort@netdoor.com> wrote:
> this will be one of several very important questions asked in the
> aftermath of this.  let's hope there are answers
>
> > What the hell happened to airport security?

### This one is actually kind of easy. First, remember that flying a plane
is a ridiculously easy enterprise. Take-off and landing (safely) require
real skills of trained pilots, but obviously, these flights ended without
resorting to those manuevers. So if flight is easy, the question goes
toward how to acquire and keep control of the plane. That question is as
easy as a knife fight: overwhelm the cockpit when the door is open, kill
the flight crew, and re-secure the cockpit door. Four trained men could do
this without cracking a sweat; *really* good ones could do it without
weapons of any kind.

### We live in an open society, where we can disappear for months at a
time, crossing jurisdictional borders in the outback, arguing propriety of
government takings, wistfully considering the impacts of Springer Fever.
Yes, this most certainly *is* an act of war, but we should fight impacts
that affect our way of life -- don't give in to terror, 'cause they win
that way.

### BTW, be prepared for an INCREDIBLE flow of heroism out of New Yorkers.
You can't BE a New Yorker without having a through-hiking mentality: "Make
do, baby, or move out of the city." New Yorkers are INGRAINED with a
can-do moxie, and they will show this nation how to deal. You watch. DON'T
mess with a New Yorker and expect 'em to give up.

### Have you called your regional blood center?
### Can't give? Bet you can spend an hour to hand out cookies.

God BLESS America.
'Toe

=====
Spatior, Nitor, Nitor, In Nitor!