[at-l] Lister bio

(format re-used from previous lister, thanks!)

Name:        Ronald Tilkens

Trail Name:    none

Home:        Burtonsville, Md ( Washington, D.C. suburb )

Born:        Takoma Park, Md.

Age:        48

Married since 1998, wife - Sandi ( non-hiker )

Children:    2 sons and a daughter:
    * Travis - 20, U.S. Army
    * Wesley    19, student, works part-time
    * Heidi        18, student works part-time

Occupation: Computer Programmer/Analyst

Hobbies: Hiking, Camping, Caving, neophyte birder, like flowers

Last 2 books read: The Truth about Money, The Java Programming Language

First time on the AT:  Parents took us car camping frequently in Shenandoah
National Park

First time I realized I was on the AT: Not sure

Portions of AT covered:
* Erwin to Damascus, 10+ miles near Mt. Rogers,
* Pearisburg, VA to Port Clinton, PA ( minus 9.5 miles ),
* Approximately 50 miles in Conn-NY,
* Approximately 40 in the Whites.

For as long as i can remember, i've wanted to hike the whole AT. In the last
10 years,
it seems like it may actually be realistic.  Although i'd love to attempt a
thru-hike, the time
and circumstances are not right.  About 90+% of my AT hiking was done on
summer
trips with some or all of my three kids since 1994, and i get to relive the
memories
everytime i read a trip report or journal.

Ron Tilkens