[at-l] RE: LOOKING FOR HIKING OPPORTUNITIES

At the moment the C&O Canal is still being considered quite strongly.
The Tuscarora (Big Blue) is a trail I want to do sometime, but just
looking at where it goes I am sure it is loaded with rocky descents
(Massanutten is rocky I recall). That trail will get done some other
year though who knows when.

I purchased the C&O Canal Companion by Mike High from PATC yesterday and
am skimming through it now. Lots of info in there.

If pepople want to join me I expect I will be starting the canal at
Cumberland on Friday. I've no idea how far I'd go on an average day or
how far I'd want to go since although I've walked parts of it (even
backpacked the 3 mile stretch to Harpers Ferry) that is hardly the same
hing. When I am positive of my plans I will let everyone know.

  ** Ken **