[at-l] (Guest Post) "so called"

> However unpopular, the ATC has to weight when group
> community interest puts
> pressure on the Trail's definition of itself and
> practical guidelines.

I see this issue as one similar to that surrounding
the Graymore Friary -- somebody at the ATC decides to
stomp their feet and throw a hissy fit about an issue
that doesn't amount to an ant hill of a problem.

Next thing you know Bushkin bounces it up the ladder
and the Justice Department arrives with troops to
forcibly 'make' someone comply to a rule that could
have been worked out in a neighborly, friendly and
congenial fashion if the ATC had a mind to.

Then the ATC/NPS/Justice Department/Gument finds
themselves looking like jerks just to prove a point
and the whole thing gets out of hand.

Why is it the current and recent past ATC leadership
seems to want to get themselves into meaningless
confrontations with neighbors along the Trail?

I wonder how many thousands of dollars were wasted by
the ATC/NPS/Justice Department/Gument on legal bills
and administrative costs surrounding that whole Friary
issue...

Now the ATC has a proposal up for review to actually
prevent trail-related businesses from putting a sign
on a tree out in the middle of nowhere? or put a
business card in a shelter?

Oh yeah...that'll work.

Most neighborly.

Great use of resources.