[at-l] Spouses who hike together/do singles want hikers for partners?

I'd consider it an absolute for any relationship, long term or short term. Heck, I spend almost every weekend doing some hiking, and most of my vacation time, too.

I'm lucky right now to have a short-term relationship with an avid hiker. When I'm ready for a long-term relationship, I'd expect no less, and probably a bit more-- since I have every intention of tackling trails outside of the USA.

I was married to a non-hiker, and that was one (of many) variables that drove the wedge between us further and further apart-- my involvement in the hiking community.  I wish only the best for the many of you in the same situation, and hope your spouses are long-suffering enough about your hiking.

My 0.02,
Navigator