[at-l] Spouses who hike together/do singles want hikersfor partners?

At 02:06 PM 8/1/01 -0400, Linda Benschop wrote:

>     I am wondering how many folks on the list here enjoy hiking with their
>spouse/significant other.  It seems like most of the men here have wives who
>don't hike and visa versa.  I believe that hiking with a spouse truly
>enriches a relationship.  It takes you away from all the responsibilities at
>home and gives you time to share without computers, work or bills.  It is a
>special spiritual time for a relationship.

LOL.....can anyone take a guess how long she's been married?  Just kidding....

Maybe I'm too cynical or maybe my marriage isn't perfect, but mostly I'm
glad Hub doesn't hike.  I LIKE/NEED/WANT time alone.  I want something
that is mine alone....a place that is mine.....a place to recharge.
We share a lot of interests....the river and the boat and canoeing and these
things give us a chance to get away from the screens and focus on each other..
And we do day hike together on the weekends but that's his desire.
But my time in the woods is mine alone and I'm reakky gkad that it's that way.

multipart/mixed
---