[at-l] Spouses who hike together/do singles want hikers for partners?

>From: "Linda Benschop" <lvb@mindspring.com>
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 14:06:31 -0400
>
>...Single hikers....would it be important to you to find a spouse who is
>into hiking?

I'm kind of in Nina's boat.

While hiking is certainly a significant part of my life right now, there are
many other activities that continue to be important to me.  If I could find
someone who also enjoys bicycling, ice-skating, dancing (ballroom, swing,
salsa, latin, square, rounds, contras, etc), reading, traveling all over the
world, NPR, scuba diving, Scrabble, star-gazing, and more in addition to
hiking, that would be great.  More realistically, I hope to meet someone
with whom I share some subset of those interests and who might have some of
his own interests.  We would hopefully have enough in common to help form
some basis of a relationship but yet enough of our own interests to remain
individuals within the relationship.  If he's not a hiker, then perhaps
dancing and bicycling would be fun to do together.

There were times in my life when I assumed I would have to marry a
bicyclist, or a dancer.  If I had to chose right now, he would be a hiker.
But I know that's not really necessary as long as he can appreciate my need
to hike.

I know in the long run, my knees will not hold out and there really has to
be more to the relationship than hiking to keep us together.

I obviously do not let my "singlehood" keep me home but yet I really do miss
having someone special with whom to create a long and shared history.

There is time yet, I know...

Mara
Stitches, GAME99