[at-l] You guys are so wonderful.......

Five years ago, she was murdered in her tent.  So far
no suspects have been arrested.  She was found by
other hikers.  We both loved to take our vacations
just backpacking alone.  We both have, had, high
pressure jobs, hiking is perfect for gaining a better
view of what is important and how you want to fit in.
It something I still do often.
I first hiked the trail in my teens.  Then again for
my honeymoon with my first husband, we hiked from
Virginia through Pennsylvania in the mid-70's.  In the
mid- 80's, I hiked it thru after returning home from
living overseas for a number of years.  Sort of a
welcome home.  After that it has just been one to two
week adventures throughout the U.S, not particularly
the AT.  I have come back to the trail with my
daughter to share with her what my father shared with
me years ago.
We all have different perspectives.  If Joni were my
daughter, young and inexperienced, this would be my
advice.