[at-l] Weekend hike...Benton MacKaye and Berry Cobbler on Springer

Last weekend we parked at Hogpen Gap and hiked Testenee to Woody Gap. David
Addleton, from this list, drove us back to our car.   Hiked about 20 miles
and it seemed so much easier now that I have my pack weight down and got
some 804's.  Full pack, G4, without water, weighed 10#!   David Addleton,
from this list drove us back to our car.  We had a great hike, especially
the night we slept on Blood and enjoyed the sunrise and sunset.  I am trying
to plan another hike for this weekend and have been thinking about a loop so
we will only need one car.  I saw that there is a loop hike that combines
Benton MacKaye, sections 1 from Springer to Three Forks and then section 2
from 3 Forks to GA 60.  Has anyone done this and can it be done as a loop?
How far is it?  I am wondering about the water situation on BM.  We were
thinking about spending Friday night on Springer and picking up some of the
"magic" there, then continuing Saturday morning.  We will not be getting
there until about 7 p.m. on Friday.  We have to get back home mid afternoon
on Sunday.

Questions:  Anyone been on the BM lately?  Is the trail maintained pretty
well here in Ga.?  Water available?  Berries for snacks?  We ate so many
berries last weekend and the blackberries and blueberries were plentiful and
delicious.  I am hoping they are ready on Springer too.  If anyone is
planning on sleeping on Springer on Friday night, and the berries are there,
I am bringing ingredients for a berry cobbler....nothing like it!  Let me
know and I will bring extra ingredients to share!

Hummingbird