[at-l] Titanium Pots

At 12:46 PM 7/12/01 -0400, Richard S. Lubitz wrote:
>although Ti has been used for many things it is becoming cheaper.  When
>they first came out with Ti bicycle frames the price was so high that
>letters to various cycling magazines called it unobtanium.  Now they are
>more reasonable (not cheap however).  when golf clubs first started using
>Ti in drivers they were over $300.  Now you can get a Ti driver for less
>than $50.

Heck, I just bought a Wilson "Titanium" tennis racket (my 19th) for $95,
marked down to $65, rang up on the computer for $55. Seems to play OK, tho
I doubt there's more than a gram of TI in the racket, from 8.6 oz
total.  Makes a good advertising slogan tho...

And please, no whining about strip mining for TI.  Sheesh, what most of us
know about mining technology can be put in a jigger, a thimble, something
like that. Visit the town of Colstrip, Montana sometime for
enlightenment.  And consider, if you were given the job of titanium
commissar, how would you fulfil your obligation economically?  (No
tree-huggers need apply...)   Just remember the key slogan: NIMBY.  OK,
that'll do it fer now.  Back to more frivolous pursuits...

The Wizard!  A gleam in his eye, a bounce in his step!