[at-l] Altitude hiking

As I said off list, I dunno. My conjecture would be dexedrine to
maintain alertness while hypoxic and fatigued from the work at
altitude. I suspect there is another agent that would be better today,
with fewer cardiovascular side effects.

The problem with altitude sickness (at least when it is fatal) is
cerebral edema. Bad things happen to people when their brains find
their skulls are just too small. Usually the delirium results in
disasterously poor judgement and coordination that looks like the cause
of death.

It can be very difficult to realize when you are cognitively impaired.
Typically such folks become very argumentative, persistent and totally
convinced of their control over the situation. Now that I mention it,
it sounds vaguely familiar, almost traditional....

OB