[at-l] Vacation

In a message dated 7/5/01 3:43:04 PM, KarenS62@aol.com writes:

<< Is anyone taking a fun vacation this summer -hiking or non-hiking related?

My wife, Sue and I, are leaving on Sunday for a trip to North Carolina.
Sue's sister, Linda, is a resident at a nursing home in Ashville.  She has
lived there for 17 years after her MS reached a point where she could no
longer care for herself.

We will drive down from New Hampshire for a week long trip.  Sue wishes to
visit a store in PA that carries some of her products.  I would like to visit
Damascas for the first time.  We hope to be able to visit with Sly and
Cheryl.  I don't recall who else from the list lives in the area.  We have no
fixed schedule but will be spending 4 nights in Ashville leaving for our
return trip on Friday July 13th.  I hope we can do some short hikes on easy
trails - Sue has some physical ailments that make heavy hiking out of the
question.  But I would love to check out some AT trail towns and general
sights of the area in anticipation of my 2003 thruhike of the AT.

Later in the summer I am planning another backpack throu the Mahoosucs.  I
have done that section of the AT twice before but loved every minute.  A few
more miles in that are will be wonderful.

                                                    Art