[at-l] Wilderness "Mechanism"

>I think you have educated us very well about your incredible view of >the
>AT. I agree that such an elitist view should be preserved for the >few and
>the fanatic, and not wasted on the likes of us.

On the contrary.  I don't think that R & R has educated us very well about
what you call "his incredible view" at all.  I mean that with all sincerity.

Can you articulate what "elitist" view R & R has put forth?  Again, with all
sincerity, I have missed that part of his posts.

I think that you will agree that our perceptions of anyone's position are
shaped as much by our peers' comments as by direct observation.  Frankly, I
think that's what is happening here.  That's not so much a criticism as much
as an observation of human nature.  I just don't see what you are seeing
from R & R's own posts.  At least the ones he has sent to this list.

One thing great about Ryan's list is that it preserves these threads for
years to come.   For now, I think if you just sorted by name in your own
e-mail reader, then read R & R's post with out others comments mixed in, you
might come to a different conclusion about a bunch of things.

I also think if you are going to condemn someone's position on its merits,
you should be able to define and articulate what that position is (as
opposed to simply describe it with pejorative adjectives).  Can you in this
case?  Base on what R & R has posted to AT_L?

I doubt it.

Rick Boudrie