[at-l] Wilderness "Mechanism"

Of course I cannot, as he is unable to define "tradition" and similar
concepts after long requests and huge parsings. He has let us know that we
are enemies of the trail, that a dictator should define our trail
aspirations, and that our "soft campfire nonsense" is beneath his contempt.
He has reinvented MacKaye and Avery, expressing a fanatic's insistence that
any disagreement is blasphemy. I have labeled it as elitist as he has
defined himself as the Defender of True Hiking as opposed the rabble he
finds here. Frankly, I find appalling his idea that trail services and
discussions should focus on the few thru-hikers each year, ignoring the
millions who use the trail in means far more consistent with the trail's
origins. Thank God we have the ATC and volunteers to actually get the job
done, in spite of "friends" like him.

No, this man's position is not based on merits, but based on spreading
manure and corruption. There is a list dedicated toward expounding on one
man's narrow view of hiking the AT. I suspect that when that list reopens,
we will find AT-L back to discussions of real world hiking and fellowship.
Until then, I look forward to more fertilizer for the wildflowers.

OrangeBug