[at-l] NPS Morning Report

You know, Kahley, I came to this same conclusion without Dr. Leary's pill :)
in my 20's and like Fur and you really just desire to give back what I have
taken and feel very frustrated that I will be boxed and buried...so
ridiculous.  Thank you for challenging me to think about the cremation
option up until now has been something that I have dismissed due to ahhh not
sure why but...better to save all that land and concrete for others who are
worried about such things and join a long line of grandparents and relatives
who have been cheerfully hurled off some unspecified mountain in the Blue
Ridge.

Clarifying moments like I just had don't come too often!! :)

vera

> At 11:25 PM 6/15/01 -0400, FLATers@webtv.net wrote: Even freaked Fur out a
> bit! He said
> >" Man, when I die, don't have all that crap done on me. Just throw me in
> >a pine box and bury me in the woods." I said, "Nope. You are NOT allowed
> >to die your own death!"
>

> Flashback.... 1968....a party in the woods.  Under the influence of a
> recently illegal but mind 'expanding' drug, I sat by a stream marveling
> at a hunk of moss.  Lush beyond compare,  Delicate beyond the ability
> of man's hand,  Tenacious, it clung to a rock despite the constant
pounding
> of the water.  I became overwhelmed with the need to feel the moss.
> I carefully extended my bare foot.  The instant I touched the moss it
dislodged
> and floated downstream, leave a bare nothing...a void tribute to my
> interference.
> That moss which had withstood all that it's life threw at it, that could
hold
> on against the water's force ....and all I need to do was greedily touch
it
> and that touch was death.
>
> I got upset.  Not noticeably so from the outside, but my mind mourned the
> death
> of that moss.  I need to leave the scene of my crime and as I put my hand
down
> for balance in gaining my feet, I snapped off a lady slipper.  The next
few
> minutes were not pleasant.  Until I found a bare piece of ledge on which
> perch, my every movement seemed to kill something....something that lived
> in the
> woods where I was just a visitor.
>
> My mind raced through a life of killing and destruction.  I had no right
> be there.
> I contributed nothing.  Even in my death, my body would not be allow to be
> fodder
> for the critters and worms and microbes of the woods.  It would be pumped
full
> of chemicals and locked in metal and the metal locked in concrete and
plunked
> in a field where nothing grew but fertilized and herbacided monograss.
And