[at-l] Dangerous Doctors?

At 08:33 PM 6/20/01 -0500, Jack wrote:
>No offense to Bill but this just made me laugh for a bit.   If you are
>offended Bill, I apologize in advance.

  . . . clip . . .

>Number of gun owners in the US: 80,000,000.
>
>Number of accidental gun deaths per year (all age groups): 1,500.

I just checked the CDC site and their latest figure was : "Overall, 30,708
people died of firearms in 1998".  They did state that there had been a 5%
drop from 1997 but I strongly suspect that the drop from 1998 to 2000 was
not nearly as great as the quoted "statistic" suggests.

Doubting Saunterer