[at-l] Equipment sorting?

In a message dated 6/15/01 1:11:45 PM, KarenS62@aol.com writes:

>I don't have stuff listed out in a spreadsheet or on paper because I am
>just not that organized. Besides, I need to touch and feel stuff before
>I decide whether I want to bring it with me.

I looooove my spreadsheet. I put every thing I have in categories, with
subtotals--like kitchen, sleeping, clothes, etc. Then I also have the grand
total.

This is what helps me decide what I'll take a lot of times. If the total is
getting too high, I look for what I can leave out. If I think I'll need the
heavier rain jacket, e.g., I can see what I can exchange it for, and know
exactly what weight I'll be carrying.

I started the spreadsheet after a couple disastrous early trips when I put
things in the pack thinking this doesn't weigh much and that doesn't weigh
much and ended up with a way too heavy pack filled with light stuff. :-)
Vcat