[at-l] The Burn and FSN/Cotton/Rules

In a message dated 6/12/01 10:11:01 AM, thornel@attglobal.net writes:

> I hope my painful experience helps others avoid similar trauma.

OB--I am quite sure your experience saved me from similar trauma this past
weekend when I used (not just lit to see how fast it boiled water) my tin can
stove for the first time.

The discussion taught me I couldn't see an alcohol flame, so I didn't stick
my match further in the stove or try to re-light. I listened to the slight
whoosh and knew it was lit.

Then my alcohol burned up before dinner was fully cooked. Thankfully, I now
knew better than to pour on more, which I most surely would have done had I
not read about your experience.

There have been a bunch of times since then that I've thought about being on
my own, miles from anywhere, with a badly burned arm and without sufficient
burn treatment in my first aid kit. Scary.

I am sorry as all get-out that you got burned, but I'm mighty thankful you
shared your experience and kept me from the same fate.

Thanks--Vcat