[at-l] Re: Burns hurt Pepsi Can stove follies

Yep, that late fatigue and distraction can get you every time. That stove
creates quite an impressive pressurized flame that isn't all that easy to
see, with vapors that are pretty easily spread. Thank goodness alcohol
isn't as explosive as gasoline, or these stoves would be decent bombs
rather than primitive flash grenades. I know I was lulled into over
confidence with the ease of making the stove and the safety and familiarity
with alcohol.

Status of the burns: The spots surrounding my watch strap have
re-epithelialized well. The line over my radius has started healing and
covering fairly abruptly this week over that past 2-3 days. It was
originally about 4-5 inches by 1 inch and now is about a quarter of the
size in 2 segments. The large burn over my flexor muscles and ulna have
begun to cover with one section about to meet skin across the original
burn. But it is still at least 3/4 the size of the original. The 3 dark
soft eschars have resolved with entirely second degree characteristics. It
is still very tender and a continuous reminder of the event and stupidity.
Hair regrowth adds itchiness to the intrinsic entertainment value.

OrangeBug