[at-l] Bear Alert--FYI

In a message dated 5/31/2001 8:22:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

> This is one of the new (4-5 years?) shelters with a picnic table on a porch.
> Most shelter using hikers cook close by and don't bear-bag anyways, but
> this

If there's anything that will get a hiker going it's bad news bears.

Bears aren't stupid, but niether are they smart in a people world, or perhaps
more correctly people aren't very smart in a bear world..  In my opinion,
bear bagging is the worst one can do.  It's an invitation to bears for free
goodies, hanging in the wind.   I insist on keeping my food with me (sleeping
with it) because I need it more then the bear.

Any bear that frequents a shelter needs a large rock off the head, either
that or eventually they'll get a bullet.

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---