Re[2]: [at-l] Water treatment stories

Sloetoe, I'm surprised at you! You didn't even stop to think about what I
said. At least you signed it "Irascibly", that was appropriate. I'm not
trying to start an arguement here, just make a statement on the side of
caution. It really doesn't matter about the numbers or the pack weight or
how often you have been to Peck's Corner. What matters here is a word:
RESPONSIBILITY.

Great, you drank from Peck's and got away with it. Now tell the list where
the latrine was, and while your at it, the horse stabling area. Or did you
even notice that both drain INTO the spring?

You must have really enjoyed "The Deer Hunter". It is not irresponsible to
suggest that someone err on the side of caution. However, to tell them to
put a loaded gun to their head just because you did it once and got away
with it is just plain stupid. THAT is my point. If you MUST give advice,
give SAFE advice, otherwise make sure you at least say "Ohh, by the way,
Don't do as I do, do as I say".

Since you asked, my pack weighs 27 pounds WITH filtration. Full winter load
out with ice climbing rack, harnesses and ropes is still only 50 pounds.
I've got a VERY good "grip".

Lee I Joe